- What is a "Library"?
- References you have collected are stored in an EndNote library.
- When you create a new library, a .enl library file and and an accompanying *.Data folder will be created.
(Both files must be in the same location.)
- How to create a new library
- Set up an EndNote Library > Create a new library or File > New
- Name the new library.
- Select a location to save the new library and click Save.
- *.Data Folder
- A .Data folder contains the library data structure. (File attachments, figures, etc.)
- The folder must always be managed together with the .enl file.
- You can compress the .enl file and the .Data folder to a single file to back up your library or send it to someone else.
File > Compressed Library -> .enlx file will be created.
- Library Icon
① Add a new reference to the selected group
② Share this group
③ Export references to another file or library
④ Search the Web for full text documents for the selected references
⑤ Create a Web of Science citation report from the selected references
(At least one or more references in the group has to be from WoS)